Aloo Makhana Pops is a delicious and easy snack made with boiled potatoes and Fox Nuts or Lotus Seeds popularly known as Makhana or Phool Makhana. It is quick and easy and suitable for kids’ lunchboxes or tea-time snacks.
- Boiled potatoes – ½ cup
- Makhana/ lotus seeds – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mint leaves finely chopped – 1tsp
- Coriander leaves finely chopped – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli finely chopped – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Jeera powder – ¼ tsp
- Chaat masala – ¼ tsp (optional)
- Pinch of garam masala (optional)
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan.
- Add makhana and roast it for 8-10 mins until it becomes crunchy, on low flame. Once it’s ready, transfer it into a bowl.
- In the same pan take 1tsp oil, cumin seeds, and green chillies and allow it to splutter and then add boiled potatoes along with the spice powders and salt. Let it roast for 2 mins.
- Add roasted makhana and mix well.
- Finally add coriander leaves, pudina leaves, and lemon juice.
- Switch the flame off, make small grape size balls from the mixture, and serve hot with ketchup or chutney.