Makhanas/ Fox Nuts can be a natural and nutritious addition to your regular diet. Caramelized Makhana is crunchy, sweet, and healthy. Kids and adults equally love this. Try it!
Cook time: 10 mins
Makhana – 2 cups
Jaggery – 3/4 th cup
Ghee/butter – 2-3 tbsp
Desiccated unsweetened Coconut – ½ cup(optional)
1. Heat t tbsp ghee/butter in a pan.
2. Add Makhana and roast it for 8-10 mins till it becomes crunchy, on low flame. In the same add desiccated coconut and cook for 1-2 mins and keep it aside.
3. On the other pan, take 1-2 tbsp of ghee and 3-4 tbsp of jaggery and heat on low flame until jaggery melts and starts to bubble.
4. Switch off the flame and add the roasted makhanas into the mixture. Stir well until the jaggery is coated well with the makhanas.
5. Cool it and store in an air-tight container.
Tada…. Your Caramelized Makhana is ready. Enjoy!