Nothing better than a plate of chaat and a cup chai on a rainy day. A perfect evening snack with your family on a monsoon evening.
You must have tried Indian chaats such as Bhel Puri, Pani Puri, Masala Puri, and so on.
Did you ever think of having chaat that is not only healthy but also tastes beyond your imagination? Makhana/ Fox Nut chaat is a great option for you to try.
Cook time: 10-15 mins
1. Phool makhana – 2.5 cups
2. Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
3. Oil – 2 tsp
4. Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
5. Roasted jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
6. Amchoor powder – 1/2 tsp
7. Chaat masala – 1 tsp
8. Salt as per taste
9. Finely chopped onion – 1
10. Finely chopped tomato – 1/2
11. Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
12. Sev- As per taste
13. Pomegranate – 1-2 tbsp
14. Lemon juice – 2 tsp
1. Heat oil/ghee in a pan.
2. Add Makhana and roast it for 8-10 mins until it becomes crunchy on low flame.
3. Add all the powders ( turmeric, amchoor, roasted jeera, red chilli, chaat masala, salt).
4. Stir well until the spices are well coated to the Makhanas.
5. In a bowl, put the chopped vegetables (onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves).
6. Add spiced makhana to the chopped vegetable bowl, add 2tsp of lemon juice and give it a toss.
7. Garnish with sev and pomegranate.
Your Makhana/FoxNut Chaat is ready!
1. You can also add green and tamarind chutney for enhancing the taste.
2. Roasted peanuts can also be a good addition.