Makhana Raita is one of the simplest Indian vegetarian dishes made with roasted makhana (puffed lotus seed/ fox nut) along with curd and some Indian spices.
Makhana Raita can be served with Pulao, Biryani and even Parathas. This is an easy and simple variation to the normal vegetable raita which we have regularly.
1. Curd/Dahi/ Yogurt – 1 cup
2. Phool makhana – ½ cup
3. Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
4. Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
5. Garam masala powder – pinch
6. Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
7. Chaat masala – ¼ tsp
8. Chopped green chilli – ½ tsp
9. Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
10. Ghee – 2 tbsp
11. Salt – as per taste
1. Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan.
2. Add Makhana and roast it for 8-10 mins until it becomes crunchy, on low flame. Once it’s ready transfer into a bowl and allow it to cool.
3. Take curd and whisk it until it’s smooth and add all the other ingredients (red chilli, chaat masala, salt, green chilli, garam masala, cumin powder, pepper powder, chopped coriander leaves).
4. Refrigerate the mixture without adding Makhanas.
5. Add roasted makhanas 10 mins before serving.