- 4 medium potatoes — cooked and mashed
- Makhana — 1 cup
- Green chillies — 2 finely chopped
- Roasted peanuts-2 tablespoons, roughly crushed
- Coriander leaves — 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Fennel seed (saunf) powder — 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder — 1 teaspoon
- Chaat masala — 1 teaspoon
- Cooking oil — 4–5 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Roast the makhanas in ghee until they are crunchy. Once cooled, grind them into a fine powder.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coarsely crushed Makhana, mashed potatoes, and the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly. To taste, adjust the salt and spices.
- Make round or oval patties out of the mixture. Lightly sauté in a pan until golden brown on both sides. You can also use an air fryer.
- Serve with ketchup or pudina chutney.