This is a healthy snack recipe made by roasting phool makhana or fox nuts. Roasted nuts and dry fruits are added to make it more nutritious. This is one of the best options during fasting or upvas.
1. Ghee (clarified butter) – 3-6 tbsp
2. Phool makhana (Fox nuts or lotus seeds) – 3 cups
3. Chopped almonds – 6 tbsp
4. Cashew nuts – 6tbsp
5. Raisins – 6tbsp
6. Pistachios – 6tbsp
7. Dried coconut slices – 6tbsp
8. Rock salt (sendha namak) to taste
9. Black pepper powder – 1.5 tsp
10. Amchur powder (dried mango powder) – 1/2 tsp
1. Heat 3 tbsp oil/ghee in a pan.
2. Add Makhana and roast it for 8-10 mins until it becomes crunchy, on low flame. Once it’s ready transfer it into a bowl
3. In the same pan add 2tbsp of all the dry fruits(except raisins and pistachios) and roast it until golden brown and aromatic, on low flame.
4. In another pan, dry roast the dried coconut slices until aromatic.
5. Stir all the above, pistachios, raisins along with rock salt, black pepper, amchur powder until the Makhanas are well coated.
6. Serve it once it’s cool. You can store it in an airtight container for future use.
Healthy and yummy namkeen!